OUR LEGAL FEES AND DISBURSEMENTS
Stage 1 – Before court action
Once we understand the value and circumstances of the debt in question, we can identify the financial viability of pursuing it.
It is necessary to guard against “throwing good money after bad”.
A commercial decision may have to be taken based on the identity and ability of the defendant and the defendant’s ability to pay.
This stage will involve (as applicable):
- Search of Companies House
- HM Land Registry search
- Bankruptcy search
- Letter of claim/letter before action as required under the debt collection protocol
- Instruction to track and trace agent
Fees and Disbursements
- Basic Companies House search - £20.00 plus VAT
- Detailed company search (for litigation) - £35.00 plus VAT
- Bankruptcy search - £2.00 per person
- Track and trace agent if instructed – (fee to be confirmed by agent)
- Detailed letter of claim/letter before action - £100.00 plus VAT